Philosophy of psychology and cognitive science / edited by Paul Thagard.
Contributor(s): Thagard, Paul.Material type: Book; Format: print Series: Handbook of the philosophy of science.Publisher: Amsterdam ; Boston : North-Holland, 2007Edition: 1st ed.Description: p. cm.ISBN: 9780444515407 (alk. paper); 0444515402 (alk. paper).Subject(s): Psychology -- Philosophy | Philosophy and cognitive science | Psicología cognitiva | Psicología -- FilosofíaDDC classification: 150.1
|Item type||Home library||Call number||Status||Loan||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Monografías||02. BIBLIOTECA CAMPUS PUERTO REAL||159.95/PHI (Browse shelf)||Shelving location | Bibliomaps®||PREST. LIBROS||3741069786|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Psychology is the study of thinking, and cognitive science is the interdisciplinary investigation of mind and intelligence that also includes philosophy, artificial intelligence, neuroscience, linguistics, and anthropology. In these investigations, many philosophical issues arise concerning methods and central concepts.
The Handbook of Philosophy of Psychology and Cognitive Science contains 16 essays by leading philosophers of science that illuminate the nature of the theories and explanations used in the investigation of minds.
Topics discussed include representation, mechanisms, reduction, perception, consciousness, language, emotions, neuroscience, and evolutionary psychology.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- General Prface
- Introduction to teh Philosophy of Psychology and Cognitive Science
- List of Contributors Representation
- Mechanisms and Psychological Explanation
- Realization: Metaphysical and Scientific Perspectives
- Reduction: Models of Cross-Scientific Relations
- Perception Preattentive and Phenomenal
- Consciousness: Phenomenal Consciousness, Access Consciousness and Scientific Practice
- On Restricting the Evidence Base for Linguistics
- Emotion: Competing Theories and Philosopical Issues
- The Theoretical and Methodological Foundations of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Computational Neuroscience
- Psychopathology: Minding Mental Illness
- The Adaptive Programme of Evolutionary Psychology
- Situated Cognition
- Artificial Intelligence: History, Foundations, and Philosophical Issues